Saturday, September 4, 2010

WOW! Do you know what you are worth???

When I get frustrated with my job I go on career builder and monster.com and search for other jobs that are available in my field. Last night after work was one of those nights. I stumbled upon a correlating job in my field. The starting base salary with same experience that that I have was $32,000 more than I make at my job. I am certain that I am one of the best in our industry. I decided to go on salary.com and fill out the survey for my job. I was more than honest about my education, my work history etc and I am being paid the lowest possible salary in the 10th percentile for what I do. 

So Tuesday I am pulling all of the emails that I have received with compliments from the accounts that I manage. Get a time line of goals my department has set and broken in the last year. Make a bulleted list and  give boss the job description for my position vs what I actually do. 
 I don't need to get a $32,000 raise but I am not going to take a another $.75/hour raise this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment