Saturday, July 17, 2010

Green, Green, Green... One small step by a lot of people makes a huge difference

I know being Green is not new! I continuously work on being more and green all of the time. Last winter Ryan and switched all of our light bulbs over, bought an energy efficient shower head, and energy saving power strips. That was last years accomplishments!! Last weekend we went to the flea market and I got a laundry drying rack. Today I have saved electricity and the air (by not pumping the chemicals out of the apartment) by only drying 2 of 5 loads of laundry today. The rest I let hang dry. It is also green to buy locally from people at the flea market. This year I am also growing my own tomatoes. 
I have also set up a bag to start recycling junk mail and other jar and jugs that I cannot return to the bottle redemption center. 

I am trying to do my part! The next step is for me to start biking or at least walking to work. It is only 4 miles one way!!!

I hope you all do your own things to be more and more green!!! If you do not have a rack for drying clothes I recommend you invest. You will save so much on your electric bill by doing this!! See below



No comments:

Post a Comment