Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thankful for my Mom

I am glad that I started this blog when I did because there is just so much to love. Today is mothers day and most people I know are thankful for their mothers. I am not thankful for my birth mother nor do I love her but I do love my step mom and am super thankful for her. She has changed my life and without her and my father in my life, it would be super different. I would have probably turned out to be such a low life. There actions, love, support and positive reinforcement have lead me to where I am today.

Mother's day was great. We had brunch with Ryan's family. I love all of them, they really are a great bunch of girls (except Ryan...He is like the one boy in the family). I could not be part of a better family and I am excited to one day call them all in-laws :) Anyway...we had eggs, hash-browns, bacon, crepes, fresh fruit and english muffins. I love hash-browns. We sat and we all just talked and talked and laughed and talked.
I think one of the highlights was watching Ryan's mom open her gift from us. We bought her an awesome beach birdhouse and she loves the beach. She even has her own. We also got her a flamingo holding a pina colada for the back yard because she collects them. Her face just lit up. I love giving people really great gifts. Success.

We then we to my parents house for dinner which was lasagna, meatballs, sausage and awesome garlic bread. We had an extra surprise. My cousin Jim, his Wife Mandy, and daughter Emma (who is 2 years old and cute as can be) came down with my Oma for dinner. After a great dinner we played hours of scrabble. Scrabble is a tradition in our family. We must play with my OMA after dinner at every holiday. She is the champion so she plays on her own team and the other 3 teams are couples. It was Ryan and me, Joe and Mike, And My dad and mom...and then my OMA. I love family scrabble. We misprounce words...search for words in the scrabble dictionary for help, steal each others spaces...try to make up words...it is just full of laughs everytime. It is just plain great. You have not seen scrabble until you play with our family. My brother Justin, who lives in NY and couldn't be home called in while we were playing. My dad put him on speaker so he could say hi to all. He was even making up words on the phone for us...laughing when he heard us playing. My Oma was getting so competitive she even slipped out and "OH SHIT". My Oma barely swears. Awesome day.

Yay for family!!! I love all mine!!! I will be posting pictures of Emma tomorrow on Fb!

No comments:

Post a Comment