Sunday, May 2, 2010

My friends make up my life and keep my heart full

My Friends my keep my heart full. We talk about the deepest and darkest to each other while sharing laughs and tears...ultimately learning a little more about each other each time we hang out. Just when you think you know someone you penetrate another layer to their hopes, dreams, and fears. I feel very privaleged to be one of those confidants.


So anyway...above was a prelude to one of the best days that I have had in a while. Melissa, Lindsay and I went to a wine tasting and had a picnic up at Greenvale vineyard IN RI for her 21st birthday. We talked about boys, the ones that ruined our lives before all of our great men now. We talked about Lindsay's mom who passed away 3 years ago from breast cancer. How her father now has a new girlfriend which sometimes make Lindsay jealous and how she is scared that she is losing memories of her mother as time continues on. Yesterday in the car ride home she said she used to still be able to hear the clicking of her high heels walking in the house and now she doesn't anymore...she didn't literally hear the clicking just the memory of hearing it when her mom would come home from work. It actually brought tears to my eyes (no one saw them because they were under my sunglasses). It touched my heart...that those are things that she still thinks about. I love her so much...she is such a great person and that is why I will be there for every step of the way...when we continue to fight for breast cancer...

Anyhow...the wine tasting was amazing...it was something that I had always wanted to do since I have been 23 and since I ma going on 26 it was long over due. We tried 5 white wines (which are my favorite) and 1 red wine. I ended up buying a bottle of Pinot Gris to accomodate our picnic. The picnic consisted of pickles and cheese, tomato and mozzarella salad, blue chips and salsa, and huge strawberries and chocolate sauce...we also had funfetti cupcakes...Mother nature kept interfering with the lit candles...she kept sending wind through stealing Lindsay's wishes. We must have just sat on the blanket and talked for 3 hours. Then we went to Newport to window show and continue laughing and talking. It was such a relaxing day. We came home with the setting sun.

It is nice to have such close girlfriends in life...It gives balance to the craziness and madness of people in the world. All you hear is murder hear, robberies, arson, kidnapping, raping, illness. And when I have days like yesterday it is like the sunshine melts away the mess of bad thoughts seem to swirl around my mind like a vortex!!! I love my friends and memories we share.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like so much fun, and such a great birthday for your friend! I think I said something on Facebook but I seriously suggest visiting Sunset Meadow Vineyard in CT as well. I would go in early fall (late September, I think) when the weather is still good.

    ReplyDelete